I am a thorough, efficient, and skilled IT Professional with 15+ years' experience ranging from Software Development to Executive Level Management.
North Carolina Department of Transportation
to September 2000
- Managed a large team of Business Analyst, Developers, Testers, Project Managers, Technical Writers and DBA's responsible for the succesful implemenation of many DOT Applications.
- Determined QA compliance objectives and ensured targets were achieved.
- Accountable for planning, organizing and controlling the activities of the program managers who oversaw coordinating project deliverables.
- Reported directly to CIO regarding product budget, team deliverables, resource expectation along with long term IT project strategies.
- Successfully collaborated with Executive team of different disciplines and facilitated the group to plan, formulate and agree on comprehensive quality procedures throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Effectively managed training strategy for 400 DOT employees. This included finding a facility, networking the facility, developing training materials, facilitating training roster, and managing trainers.
- Successfully managed the NCDOT T1 Network installation project.
- Instrumental in the successful implementation of three major NCDOT Projects known as the PAMS, HiCAMS, and Claims Tracking Systems.
- Managed a 6.8 million dollar project budget
The N.C. Department of Transportation is one of North Carolina’s largest state government agencies, with more than 14,000 employees. NCDOT provides high-quality transportation for travelers throughout North Carolina, including highways, rail, aviation, ferries, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and public transit.