I am a thorough, efficient, and skilled IT Professional with 15+ years' experience ranging from Software Development to Executive Level Management.
Since October 2015
- Head of Internet Services Product Management. Managing a team of Product Managers responsible for specifying market requirements for current and future Almac products.
- Responsible for driving the successful commercialization of these new software products.
- Serves as the internal and external voice for Service Offerings, Product Communication, Vendor Selection and Customer Adoption. Manage and Support go-to-market strategies and drive cross-departmental activities necessary to support the service offering. Collaborate with IT and Project Management to translate the Business Champion’s strategic initiatives into viable software requirements.
Almac Group is a group of established businesses at the forefront of the Pharmaceutical industry. Our Company is a recognized global knowledge-based leader for the research, development and delivery of pharmaceutical services. Almac Group's services extend from drug discovery through all areas of clinical trials to the commercialization of pharmaceutical products. Our commitment to Discovery, Development and Delivery in conjunction with our long term partnerships with the majority of the world’s leading pharmaceuticals guarantees a secure future for everyone.
ED&F Man and Westway Feed Products
to September 2015
- Work closely with business units to support, define and implement MS Dynamics AX solutions.
- Analyze system usage and practices to recommend business process improvements.
- Support all aspects (i.e. usage questions, issues, business processes, reporting, and data quality) of the MS Dynamics AX and associated application components.
- Work with decision makers, system owners and end users to define business, financial, and operational requirements.
- Developed requirements to support AP, AR and Closing Management processes.
- Managed moving the IT System infrastructure to London, England by developing the project plan, setting up data conversion efforts, determining team roles and responsibilities, developing test cases, and executing mock cutovers.
- Supported month-end closing process.
- Developed requirements to support AP, AR and Closing Management Process
- Participated in developing ERP implementation roadmap.
- Developed strategies for improving or further leveraging legacy systems until the entire ERP solution is implemented.
ED&F Man is a merchant of agricultural commodities, trading specifically in sugar, molasses and coffee. One of ED&F Man subsidiary is Westway Feed Products a global supplier of agricultural molasses-based liquid solutions.
to August 2013
- Provide detailed requirements for LexisNexis Practice Management "Mobility" Application solutions.
- Together with product owner, define product roadmap using "The Pragmatic Marketing Framework".
- Participate in market problem Identification.
- Perform decomposition of themes and epics for multiple sprints and releases.
- Develop user stories and detailed acceptance criteria per Agile SCRUM methodology.
- Manage weekly backlog grooming team sessions.
- Manage Sprint Planning.
- Contribute to User experience (UX) designs.
- Initiated, developed and implemented the BLSS Systems "Change Control" process.
- Developed "Mobility" System Features using BluePrint (BP) to define requirements and develop use cases.
- Developed test cases based on requirements defined in BP and pushed to Quality Center (QC) for use during test efforts.
- Instrumental in organization moving to Agile by backward engineering Product Owner concepts into user stories and acceptance criteria that enabled successful completion of multiple sprints.
- Instrumental in organization moving to Agile by backwards engineering Product Owner concepts into user stories with acceptance criteria that enabled successful completion of multiple sprints.
Leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting, and academic markets.
to July 2010
- Managed staff development of the Fiber Locate Protection System (FLPS), a JAVA Oracle web based system used to locate fiber buried near scheduled dig sites.
- Managed staff development of the Global Notifications Services (GNS), a JAVA Oracle web based system used to provide wireless services to other IT applications that communicate with external devices.
- Managed staff development of the Outage and Situational Information System (OASIS), a JAVA Oracle web based system used to provide timely and accurate communications to VZB executive management and personnel who are involved in the restoration process or are impacted by a network emergency or catastrophic outage.
- Accountable for developing the Network Surveillance Systems (NSS) organization 'Business Case' used to secure yearly funding for IT Business Unit projects.
- Responsible for employee selection, career development, yearly reviews and determining compensation.
- Provided input and development of test & implementation plans; monitored and evaluated business solutions for accuracy and managed the development of implementation plans to ensure successful project delivery.
- Obtained operational business needs and developed high-level concept definition by eliciting, collecting, defining, and analyzing requirements.
- Successfully implemented the above three application, managed production support on-call issues, and determined next release features.
- Traveled throughout the US, Europe and Asia, to support the international training and implementation of this and other IT Systems.
Verizon Enterprise Solutions is one of three operating units of Verizon Communications. It was created in 2006 when Verizon Communications closed on its merger with MCI, Inc..
to September 2006
- Responsible for managing the operation of the NOC, including scheduling to meet staffing requirements.
- Maintained call volume history, hiring, managing, coaching and evaluating personnel, partnering with peer management to ensure resolution of service issues, and direct the evolution of processes and procedures related to the day to day NOC operations.
- Developed, refined, and documented NOC policies, processes, procedures, and associated systems requirements and drove their implementation and use.
- Ensured adequate coverage for the 24/7/365 environment so that the network infrastructure ran effectively at all times which included continuous monitoring of all services, and ensuring that every reasonable effort is made to restore service as quickly as possible in the event of an outage.
- Inspired technical staff to monitor and resolve customer issues and accomplish objectives by being a role model to impress upon staff to be self-motivated with the ambition to problem-solve, learn and create their own mechanisms for resolving issues and most importantly, communicate effectively with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Planned projects, training, objectives, timelines, deliverables and milestones for the NOC.
- Developed and reported on metrics for the performance of the NOC and individual NOC employees.
- Coached and mentored Senior and Junior technicians to ensure personnel are working issues as efficiently and accurately as possible in a team oriented professional culture.
- Met, exceeded and maintained 100% of NOC service level agreements.
MCI was once considered the Second Largest Telecommunication Company in the world.
North Carolina Department of Transportation
to September 2000
- Managed a large team of Business Analyst, Developers, Testers, Project Managers, Technical Writers and DBA's responsible for the succesful implemenation of many DOT Applications.
- Determined QA compliance objectives and ensured targets were achieved.
- Accountable for planning, organizing and controlling the activities of the program managers who oversaw coordinating project deliverables.
- Reported directly to CIO regarding product budget, team deliverables, resource expectation along with long term IT project strategies.
- Successfully collaborated with Executive team of different disciplines and facilitated the group to plan, formulate and agree on comprehensive quality procedures throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Effectively managed training strategy for 400 DOT employees. This included finding a facility, networking the facility, developing training materials, facilitating training roster, and managing trainers.
- Successfully managed the NCDOT T1 Network installation project.
- Instrumental in the successful implementation of three major NCDOT Projects known as the PAMS, HiCAMS, and Claims Tracking Systems.
- Managed a 6.8 million dollar project budget
The N.C. Department of Transportation is one of North Carolina’s largest state government agencies, with more than 14,000 employees. NCDOT provides high-quality transportation for travelers throughout North Carolina, including highways, rail, aviation, ferries, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and public transit.
Kraft Foods Group [Nabisco Inc]
to August 1996
- Lead a staff of developers and DBA’s with gathering requirements, designing, and implementing the following three client server systems for the marketing and sales organizations.
- 1. Promotional Allocation Spending System (PASS) is a Client Server, PowerBuilder, C++, Oracle System used to track promotional spending associated with marketing product advertisements.
- 2. Consumer Promotions System is a Client Server, PowerBuilder, C++, Oracle System used to develop coupons and monitor coupon sales against budgets defined by marketing and sales executes.
- 3. Creative Services System is a Client Server, C++, Oracle System used by marketing to track competitive advertisements.
- Reduced the need for user generated Excel calculated spreadsheets and reports for Marketing and Sales information.
- Successfully facilitated the development of territory management plans consistent with industry sales and practices.
- Reduced monthly close process from 7 days to 1 by re-engineering system processes and automating file manipulation architecture.
Kraft Foods Group is one of the largest, most renowned food and beverage businesses in North America. We’re also one of the biggest publicly traded consumer packaged food and beverage companies, based on our 2011 combined net revenues of $18.7 billion.
to April 1994
- Analyzed quantitative information for Nestle Manufacturing and Logistics Systems.
- Performed as the DBA for bench marking and resolving complex queries and system failures.
- Performed end-user PC configurations.
- Drove the increase in overall IS productivity through the development and implementation of strategic applications.
- Developed and implemented Nestles first client server PowerBuilder application utilizing the Ernst & Young Methodology called Navigator.
- Successfully managed a staff of engineers in redesigning and implementing the LAN infrastructure to Frame Relay.
- Traveled all over the US and Switzerland to deploy applications, train end-users, and diagnose and resolve problems.
Nestle is the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company founded in 1866 by Henri Nestlé, a German pharmacist.