I am a thorough, efficient, and skilled IT Professional with 15+ years' experience ranging from Software Development to Executive Level Management.
Since October 2015
- Head of Internet Services Product Management. Managing a team of Product Managers responsible for specifying market requirements for current and future Almac products.
- Responsible for driving the successful commercialization of these new software products.
- Serves as the internal and external voice for Service Offerings, Product Communication, Vendor Selection and Customer Adoption. Manage and Support go-to-market strategies and drive cross-departmental activities necessary to support the service offering. Collaborate with IT and Project Management to translate the Business Champion’s strategic initiatives into viable software requirements.
ED&F Man and Westway Feed Products
to September 2015
- Work closely with business units to support, define and implement MS Dynamics AX solutions.
- Analyze system usage and practices to recommend business process improvements.
- Support all aspects (i.e. usage questions, issues, business processes, reporting, and data quality) of the MS Dynamics AX and associated application components.
- Work with decision makers, system owners and end users to define business, financial, and operational requirements.
to August 2013
- Provide detailed requirements for LexisNexis Practice Management "Mobility" Application solutions.
- Together with product owner, define product roadmap using "The Pragmatic Marketing Framework".
- Participate in market problem Identification.
- Perform decomposition of themes and epics for multiple sprints and releases.
- Develop user stories and detailed acceptance criteria per Agile SCRUM methodology.
- Manage weekly backlog grooming team sessions.
- Manage Sprint Planning.
- Contribute to User experience (UX) designs.
to July 2010
- Managed staff development of the Fiber Locate Protection System (FLPS), a JAVA Oracle web based system used to locate fiber buried near scheduled dig sites.
- Managed staff development of the Global Notifications Services (GNS), a JAVA Oracle web based system used to provide wireless services to other IT applications that communicate with external devices.
- Managed staff development of the Outage and Situational Information System (OASIS), a JAVA Oracle web based system used to provide timely and accurate communications to VZB executive management and personnel who are involved in the restoration process or are impacted by a network emergency or catastrophic outage.
- Accountable for developing the Network Surveillance Systems (NSS) organization 'Business Case' used to secure yearly funding for IT Business Unit projects.
to September 2006
- Responsible for managing the operation of the NOC, including scheduling to meet staffing requirements.
- Maintained call volume history, hiring, managing, coaching and evaluating personnel, partnering with peer management to ensure resolution of service issues, and direct the evolution of processes and procedures related to the day to day NOC operations.
- Developed, refined, and documented NOC policies, processes, procedures, and associated systems requirements and drove their implementation and use.
North Carolina Department of Transportation
to September 2000
- Managed a large team of Business Analyst, Developers, Testers, Project Managers, Technical Writers and DBA's responsible for the succesful implemenation of many DOT Applications.
- Determined QA compliance objectives and ensured targets were achieved.
- Accountable for planning, organizing and controlling the activities of the program managers who oversaw coordinating project deliverables.
Kraft Foods Group [Nabisco Inc]
to August 1996
- Lead a staff of developers and DBA’s with gathering requirements, designing, and implementing the following three client server systems for the marketing and sales organizations.
- 1. Promotional Allocation Spending System (PASS) is a Client Server, PowerBuilder, C++, Oracle System used to track promotional spending associated with marketing product advertisements.
- 2. Consumer Promotions System is a Client Server, PowerBuilder, C++, Oracle System used to develop coupons and monitor coupon sales against budgets defined by marketing and sales executes.
- 3. Creative Services System is a Client Server, C++, Oracle System used by marketing to track competitive advertisements.
to April 1994
- Analyzed quantitative information for Nestle Manufacturing and Logistics Systems.
- Performed as the DBA for bench marking and resolving complex queries and system failures.
- Performed end-user PC configurations.
California Lutheran University, Thousand Oak, CA.
Along with an emphasis on computer applications in software, hardware and programming, I received a strong business and liberal arts education.
Agile Certified User Story Authoring & Elaboration
Agile - Scrum Master
Agile - Product Owner
Urban Turtle Team Foundation Server
Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012
Capability Maturity Modeling (CMM)
Rational Unified Process
HP Quality Cemter (QC)
HP Agile Manager